Updated March 24
After looking for awhile for a script that will crop your image in the browser I decided to put a list together. I found various types of scripts that will accomplish this. The list below is a list of image cropping scripts.
- cfImageCropper – This script is written in Coldfusion. The Demo of this script works very well and the code is very simple to implement.
- mooImageCrop – mooImageCrop is based on the mootools framework and php. It is very easy to implement.
- Ajax Image Editor – Is a very powerful image editor script that allows you to crop, resize, and rotate the image. It is fairly easy to implement and it isn’t written with any frameworks.
- Flash Image Crop – Is a very nice flash image crop tool written in Actionscript and PHP. The only problem I have with this script is that you have to use the space bar to accept the cropped area and not the enter key. But overall it works very well.
- Flash Based Cropping tool – This tool is also written in Actionscript and PHP is a very nice script. You can also resize the image with this script.
As more cropping tools become available I will be adding to this list. If you have more to add now then please comment below.