This past weekend I’ve been working on a free Premium WordPress theme for you. I was looking for a good tab navigation script to add to the theme. To allow for better navigation and to add a cool feature to the theme. I found a tons of tab scripts with various frameworks. The list below is some very good tab scripts.
- Yetii – Yetii is an extremely light weight tab script. It is built with no framework and is very easy to install. You can even have a tab nested within another tab.
- Advanced Tabs – Advanced Tabs is an EXT JS plugin that allows you to add tabs, tab resizing, and tab scrolling. The code has some very cool features.
- Sliding Tabs – Sliding Tabs is a mootools 1.11 plugin that shows the content slide over when you click on the tab or arrow button. It is a really neat effect.
- Coda-Slider – Coda-Slider is a jQuery Plugin that slides the content over when you click on the tab or the arrow button. It is a cool effect and is fairly easy to install on your site.
- Scriptaculous Tabs – Scriptaculous tabs requires the use of obviously scriptaculous and prototype. The script allows you to create interactive tabs for your site and the content box stretches as the more content you put into it.
- Ajax Tabs – Ajax Tabs is an easy to implement Dynamic CSS Tab. The user can add and remove tabs (and content) without refreshing the page. It is a very cool concept but just needs some work to make it even better.
- MooTabs – MooTabs is a tiny(3kb) class for MooTools. It’s main purpose is to help out with the creation of simple tab navigation. The newest addition to MooTabs is that it now retrieves the content via ajax. It is very easy to install and if you have MooTools than I suggest you check it out.
- TabView – TabView is built on Yahoo! UI library and is a good Tab navigation script. It is pretty easy to implement and will allow you to create the same effect that is on Yahoo! homepage.
If you have any you would like to add or have used some of the above scripts please comment below.