Today password strength is extremely important to keep your data secure. As web developers/designers we need a way to show our users the strength of their password. Below is a list that will allow you to add a Password Strength meter to your website.
- Password Strength Meter like Google – This script is built with no framework. It works based on a point value that as you use different variations of letters, numbers and symbols your password will be stronger. This script is completely free to use on any project you wish.
- Password Strength Meter – This Password Strength Meter is based on a point system. Its main goal is to help the end user with a stronger password. It is very detailed and it might be over detailed but it is one of the best I’ve seen. It is also written with no framework.
- ColdFusion Password Strength – This Password Strength meter works fairly well. When you first type in the password field it tells you what you need to make a strong password. Since I haven’t seen another ColdFusion Password Strength scripts I think this would be a nice add for ColdFusion Developers.
- Prototype/Scriptaculous Password Strength Meter – This script is written with prototype and scriptaculous. It is a very strong password strength script works very similar to all the others. It uses a point system to calculate the strength of your password.
- JQuery Password Strength Meter – Password Strength Meter is a jQuery plug-in that provides a smart algorithm to detect a passwords strength. The Password strength works on a point structure that if you pass a certain test than more points will be added and in turn your password will be more secure.
- Another JQuery Password Strength Meter – JQuery password strength meter is a small plugin to jQuery that provides an easy way to show the strength of a user’s (intended) password. It is very easy to implement and I think you should check it out.
If you have any more scripts please comment below.